tisdag 6 maj 2014

 

Some random things I will miss back in Sweden:



  • The chirping sound of geckos at night. (it makes me calm, plus they are cute and they eat cockroaches)
  • All the generous, open, interesting, good people of Tegus that has made my time here unforgettable. I appreciate all the moments, encounters, discussions, the gestures small or big. Thank you!
 

  • Crazy bus rides to and from work in 80's school buses from the states, with reaggeton pumping from speakers only playing treble and bass, ennoying busboys trying to charge you three extra times knocking on you while murmuring -pssaje (fare), more or less sitting in the lap of the person next to you (melting from the heat) while having someones boobs in your face, meanwhile the bus is racing against another bus, honking the horn every two seconds. (Every ride is an adventure, you really feel youre alive!)  p.s. I'm not being ironic, I like it!  
  • People driving cars (taxi drivers) with their window rolled down using sign language to cut in line etc. (thumbs up for that) 
  • Hanging out in Cafe Paradiso and Tito Aguacate, both true treasures of Tegus with unique and very welcoming atmospheres, meeting all kinds of personalities while having an imperial for 35 lemps or eating a piece of boiled potato as a snack.  
  • Riding in the car with the nightly landscape of Tegucigalpa outside the window with its lights, hills and valleys, the music flowing from the speakers, people singing along.  
  • Frijoles and tortillas, can't be without them now. (Esteban, get ready to make me some when I get home!) 

 Some random things I will not miss back in Sweden:


  • Cockroach hunting in my room. Disgusting creatures, even woke up in the middle of the night with one clinging on to my arm. Very unpleasant. 
  • The way it feels to walk alone on the streets of Tegus. Thank Goddess you actually can walk down a street in Sweden without getting harassed. This madness needs to stop. 
  • The sound of gunshots. 











Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar