onsdag 5 februari 2014



Dia libre


Today I have the day off. 
I wanted to go exploring some part of the city but it is a bit complicated, so I stayed at home, unpacked my stuff properly and sat under the palm trees for a while, reading about Copan and listening to music. It's really hot today, so I had to go inside to not get a sunstroke, but my pursuit of a skin color that doesn't hurt my eyes because of its extreme paleness has officially started. 
In a little bit we are going to have lunch with the family, frijoles as always with some meat and tortilla. Nice! Luckily I love frijoles, and they seem to be extra good here. 
After lunch I don't know what to do. So far I have just dared to walk around the streets of my home, went like one block to the nearest pulperia (kiosk) and bought a fresca (grapefruitsoda). A big part of my cowardness is due to my complete lack of sence of direction, without google maps to help me, I'm screwed. Just down the street from my house there is always at least two military guards standing on the corner, because a retired former big shot military lives in one of the houses. The guards look so young, must be around 18 years old. 
Later on tonight we are probably going to dance salsa in a place called "el sabor cubano". It is supposed to be full of great salseros and salseras, nice! 


my street




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar