tisdag 4 februari 2014


Good day


Today I got to meet two really nice volunteers in the office of ICYE, Tryggvi from Iceland and Noemi from Switzerland. Tryggvi is working on a project where he is a drum teacher for kids and also with the olimpiades especiales, the special olympics in Honduras. Noemi is working in an interactive museum for kids. Both projects seems like a lot of fun and very interesting. Nora was giving me an introduction of the organization and afterwards we went to have some honduran pupusas, a lot like arepas de queso, really nice. After that we had a very useful honduran spanish lesson about honduran terms and expressions. I also got a new cellphone including telephone card and 50 lempiras worth of calling time for 310 lempiras (100 kr)! 
In the evening Nora had made dinner plans for us at a really nice seafood restaurant, good food (I had peruvian ceviche) and great company! Afterwards we went to have some more beer in a bar nearby. A lot of future trips and activities were planned, exiting stuff! The Honduran people i have met so far are very eager to tell you all about different places and interesting stories about honduran culture, history and politics, which is great, but its a lot of new information to take in, and over here it is not rude for everyone to speak at the same time. It's an intense experience and a lot of fun. The hondurans are very open, social and really funny, I cant wait to spend more time with them. 
I love being able to sit outside in the evening, it feels like such a luxury. To me, the climate here is perfect. Late in the night and early in the morning it is nice and fresh, around 15 degrees. In the day it's about 28 degrees, which could be a little warm since the dressing code for women here is a bit restricted. I don't know how I'm going to handle this, if it gets up to 30 degrees, i don't want to use jeans and a covering top. I think I'd rather wear something a bit less covering and get the looks and comments in the street. 
Once again I feel exhaused, both mentally and physically, time to sleep. Good night!

 Nora 
 Honduran spanish lesson
 Nice view from a café
 at the dinner
 Nicaraguan beer
 Lovely people
 more beer
Tryggvi, such a funny guy


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar